Thursday, March 12, 2009

164/365 - Jim - One Hundred Thousand Miles

( f/2.8 24mm 1/10 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
When you drive for years to work and it takes you 45 minutes one way without traffic, you tend to rack up the miles. Since working from home 3 days a week, I have really slowed down on the miles. I knew yesterday that I would be hitting 100,000 soon, so I took my camera with me to work. When I got there I was still about 10 miles short, so at lunch I knew it would flip. Just as we got back to the office, it was at 99,999. So I took a ride around the office park until it flipped, then parked and took some photos. Hopefully this doesn't mean the car will start falling apart...

3 comments:

Carol said...

Yeah seriously!! You need to just take care of it. Good photo idea. Once in a car's lifetime!

joyce said...

That is cool. No one else usually gets to see that, but the driver. I am wondering if I can make it to 200,000 in my car :)

Anonymous said...

yikes, that's alot of miles, should be a pretty good indicator that things may start to go, although it's a honda and they have a good reputation for lasting a long time, unlike that heap i got that has failed me since 2 weeks after i hit the road for one reason or another.