Monday, March 16, 2009

168/365 - Jim - Golf Is Around the Corner

( f/5 105mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
It's just about time to start golfing. For this photo I put a tee in a cardboard box and put the ball on top. The background is a sky that I painted. The grass is just green rope that I frayed at the end. I took this with my 105mm macro lens at only f/5. This wasn't even close to the right aperture. I should have been at f/11 to f/22 because this lens has an extremely short depth of field even at lower apertures. On the camera it looked ok, but on the computer I found out how blurry it was. Oh well, I learned another lesson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh boy, eat your heart out, bill went golfing yesterday already.

Carol said...

I really like that picture. Great background.