Saturday, March 14, 2009

166/365 - Jim - Rocky Raccoon

( f/4 200mm 1/400 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Matt Smochko (remember him?) and I went for a Photo Walk today. We started at Lake Arthur and ran into this raccoon. He was just laying in the yard and as we photographed him, he got scared and ran to the rocks. Of course we followed him and took over 100 photos each. Then we made our way over to McConnell's Mill since it's just down the road. We went down to a waterfall that comes off the hill and got some nice slow shutter photos. As I got what I thought was THE shot, I turned to show Matt. I heard a tumbling crash that turned out to be his second lens that he had in his hoodie pocket. I reacted faster than I feel is possible for me and grabbed it as it was rolling down a large rock toward the water. The whole thing made us extremely nervous so we left immediately. I got a lot of nice photos, which I could have used for over a week of FotoEveryDay, but I haven't broken the rule yet so I will continue as usual. Here are the other photos.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some fascinating pics.

Courtney said...

You're lucky that thing didn't attack!

Anonymous said...

yikes Jim, Courtney's right, those darn racoons are nocturnal and if you are seeing them in the day usually something is wrong with it like rabies, although it is a really great picture, I admire your courage, next time run.

Anonymous said...

just looked at the slide show, nice pictures, see you spent alot of time with that raccoon, scary.

Anonymous said...

I like the green brick picture for some reason......