Saturday, November 1, 2008

033/365 - Jim - Layered Texture

( f/9 75mm 1/320 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Theme is texture. I read about a method of taking photos of textures and then overlaying them onto photos. So what I did was take a picture of the back side of a leather belt. Then did a multiple exposure of the texture along with this photo of the Mellon Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. This produced an old weathered looking photograph. I could have done this in a graphics program with layers and toned down the texture in the center which would have given it a better look probably, but you get the point. This is the first time I have tried this and I like the effect, so I'll probably try it again sometime.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks pretty cool for your first time. Excellent job again.

Carol said...

Yes, it looks like a very cool effect. I like how you took a new picture to do it rather than just make it with a program.

joyce said...

How ingenious!!!!
I think that effect works really well with that picture.
I guess next time you can use my picture :)

Anonymous said...

this foto brought back memories. photographs are often not the same as being there. i have ben to the mllon institute many times. the columns pictured here are more massive than the foto reveals. the repitition that the foto celebrates is pretty awesome. the original drawings for this building are very impressive.