Monday, November 17, 2008

049/365 - Jim - Phishing Lure

( f/11 48mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Theme is security again. I came up with a new idea for the security poster contest. Phishing is where someone scams you into giving them your information. An example is when you get an email that asks you to verify your information such as credit card numbers or whatever information they want to steal from you. For this photo I strung pointed a flash at my Translum background to blow it out (make it completely white). Then another flash beside the lure. You may recognize that the rod is an Ugly Stik because of the clear tip that they put on most of their rods. The line was almost invisible, so I added darker lines with Paint Shop Pro.

4 comments:

Heather said...

i like this one better than the other one. i am a little slow and didn't get the whole barbed wire thing until i read it.

Carol said...

Looks great! I like how we can see it as it would look on a poster. I hope you win!!! Make sure to send in your ideas sooner rather than later...I know how you are with deadlines.

joyce said...

I think this picture would make a very cool poster.
And it would be really cool to get a prize for it.

Cyn said...

Hope you get the prize, nice idea.