Friday, November 14, 2008

046/365 - Jim - Peek-a-boo

( f/11 70mm 1/250 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Theme is family member. This was an attempt to get 2 year old pictures of my son. I did not take any test shots beforehand and therefore did not get the results I wanted. My lights were not set up in the right way and the power was also set wrong. You can see an odd shadow on his left cheek that was probably produced by the backlight that was too far away from the background. I should have used that flash as a hair light instead because you can see how dark the top of his head is. These are lessons I must learn and grow from it. I might try again on Monday, so expect a theme change if I do. Hopefully it will work out much better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

precious!

Carol said...

he's still cute. good luck trying again..I would say find a lollipop!

joyce said...

Nana has several of those lollipops so part of our plan is ready.
Even though the picture isn't perfection, the subject is :)

Courtney said...

Still a cute picture even if not technically perfect. Probably better than you could get a Sears anyways!