Friday, November 7, 2008

039/365 - Jim - Lemon Wheel

( f/22 200mm 6 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Theme is wheel. I almost changed the theme because I couldn't come up with any interesting ideas for a wheel. I started thinking about back lighting and then it hit me. A backlit lemon slice looks kind of like a wheel. I tried a few shots with a snooted flash but didn't like them very much. So I just used the model light in the flash as my back light. The background is Translum and I used one of those Glade plugin things that have 3 led lights on it and does a little light show. I stopped it on red and waved it around behind the Translum for the 6 second exposure. I cropped and tilted the image in post processing.

2 comments:

joyce said...

That is definitely and good shot and not as boring as a common wheel.
You are getting some cool variety of shots.

Carol said...

Cool picture and interesting take on the theme.